*To submit a proposal, please note that you must be a paid BSMA member.
Awards are contingent upon:
a. Availability of funding from the specific funding authority;
b. Satisfactory performance by the grantee as evaluated by the BSMA Club Development Committee;
c. Compliance with all grant requirements and conditions set forth below.
The BSMA fully supports the growth of soccer organizations founded by its members. Our grants are designed to make a meaningful and lasting impact on the communities that our members serve through contributions.
The Club Development Grant focuses on three primary areas: education, health, and soccer. Organizations who apply must meet all three criteria.
Emphasis is placed on educational activities targeted toward youth from pre-kindergarten to twelfth grade. Attention is given to the development of teaching life and business skills.
Consideration is given to member soccer clubs who strive to improve the health and well-being of players, parents, and supporters in their youth organizations. Emphasis is placed on those clubs who provide programs for youth in under-served areas, and who also promote health and wellness to combat child obesity.
Priority is given to those member clubs with 250 players or less with aspirations to grow their membership by utilizing the funds to sustain their organizations.
An organization requesting support must have 501(c)3 status.
- Support is provided for specific programs rather than for general funding.
- Support is not provided to religious organizations for sectarian purposes, political associations or to organizations with strictly a soccer focus. An organization must meet ALL three primary areas.
- Support is not provided to individuals.
- Any request for support must be in writing and contain the information outlined on this web page.
- Support is primarily provided to organizations based in the U.S. and Canada.
- Please allow at least 30 business days for us to consider your request.
What to include in a funding proposal:
Requests should be sent in the format outlined below:
- Letter date
- Organization’s name and contact information
- Organization’s federal tax-exemption number
- Contact person’s name, title, and contact information
- Dollar amount of funding request
- Organization’s current budget (attach separately)
- Copy of requesting organization’s 501(c)3 IRS letter
- List of board members and other key affiliates
Items below must not exceed a combined total of four pages:
- Brief history and mission of the organization
- Detailed description of the program to be funded
- Explanation as to why the Black Soccer Membership Association is considered to be an appropriate donor and how your club will benefit from the program
- Methodology for measuring and evaluating program success
- Description of promotional plans for the program
- What you hope to accomplish (outputs and/or outcomes)
- How you intend to accomplish the above
*Note: Cancellation of Grant Proposals; may be cancelled and all proposals may be rejected, contingent upon funding.
For more information about our Club Development Grant contributions program, please contact:
Attn: Club Development Department
Black Soccer Membership Association
7600 Ora Glen Drive, Suite 1250
Greenbelt, MD 20768